Monday's Public sphere2.0 was a terrific and inspiring. Congratulations the Senator Kate Lundy and Pia Waugh and the team for all the hard work and direction.
Monday also saw the offical launch of the Government 2.0 Taskforce whose terms of reference are to advise and assist the Government to:
* make government information more accessible and usable — to establish a pro-disclosure culture around non-sensitive public sector information;
* make government more consultative, participatory and transparent — to maximise the extent to which government utilises the views, knowledge and resources of the general community;
* build a culture of online innovation within Government — to ensure that government is receptive to the possibilities created by new collaborative technologies and uses them to advance its ambition to continually improve the way it operates;
* promote collaboration across agencies with respect to online and information initiatives — to ensure that efficiencies, innovations, knowledge and enthusiasm are shared on a platform of open standards; and
* identify and/or trial initiatives that may achieve or demonstrate how to accomplish the above objectives.
You can participate by going to http://gov2.net.au and adding your comments.